Sow for yourself righteousness, reap the fruit of steadfast love; break up your fallow ground, for it is the time to seek the Lord, that He may come and rain salvation upon you (Hosea 10:12).

donderdag 31 januari 2013

I don't know how to love Him


Een bekend nummer uit de film 'Jesus Christ Superstart', het enige nummer wat mij daar trouwens van aanspreekt, qua tekst. Het is geschreven vanuit het gezichtspunt van Maria Magdalena, waarbij haar gevoelens zich vooral kenmerken door grote verwarring en veel vragen. Vooral de vraag, wie Hij nu werkelijk was ... 

Hier een mooie versie, gezongen door Sinead O'Connor.

I don't know how to love him. 
What to do, how to move him. 
I've been changed, yes really changed. 
In these past few days, when I've seen myself, 
I seem like someone else.
I don't know how to take this. 
I don't see why he moves me. 
He's a man. He's just a man. 
And I've had so many men before, 
In very many ways, 
He's just one more.
Should I bring him down? 
Should I scream and shout? 
Should I speak of love, 
Let my feelings out? 
I never thought I'd come to this. 
What's it all about?

Don't you think it's rather funny, 
I should be in this position. 
I'm the one who's always been 
So calm, so cool, no lover's fool, 
Running every show. 
He scares me so.
I never thought I'd come to this. 
What's it all about?

Yet, if he said he loved me, 
I'd be lost. I'd be frightened. 
I couldn't cope, just couldn't cope. 
I'd turn my head. I'd back away. 
I wouldn't want to know. 
He scares me so. 
I want him so. 
I love him so.

1 opmerking: