Sow for yourself righteousness, reap the fruit of steadfast love; break up your fallow ground, for it is the time to seek the Lord, that He may come and rain salvation upon you (Hosea 10:12).

zaterdag 31 december 2011

Prayer for protection

I want to run
and hide
in the dark corner
of a quiet cathedral

alone
without words
worries
or fears

dig deep
a warm shelter
for the night
waiting
for the storm
to pass

but
when churchbells
starts ringing
and I hear 
someone
in another corner
whispering
his urgent prayer
I have to admit
my Hidingplace
is on a different level

so
here 
I am
Lord
take me
as I am
and send me out
in the darkness
of the night

let me recognise
Your whirling whispers
the strong wind
of Your love
the stormy wheathers
of an unknown future
the hearts
that seek You
in the moments
of surrender

You are a Hidingplace
indeed
not for the diggers
and those who wait
in silent places
but for the doers
and the daring
the workers
and those who pray
in he middle
of their broken dreams
the powerless
and the worriers
the ones who lost
all images
of You

when 
everything else
is gone
You are the One
who stays
the Rock
strong and stable
the Shelter
for the storm

protect me Lord
on my way out
with the wings
of your care

I know
You know me

take all my fears
break through
my silence
and make
my footsteps 
firm

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten