Sow for yourself righteousness, reap the fruit of steadfast love; break up your fallow ground, for it is the time to seek the Lord, that He may come and rain salvation upon you (Hosea 10:12).

vrijdag 19 april 2013

My friend the sun


my friend
the sun
went out
for a long
and hot
summer walk

after hiding
so long
and sleeping
in grey days
of contemplation

to bring
at last
bright colours
all over
this visible world

and to dig up
the hidden seeds
that have been
sleeping
in the dark ground
for so long

to bring joy
and pleasure
to the people
everywhere
eagerly waiting
for the warmth
and bright light
of full and long
cosy days

***

but I myself
prefer to play
a game of
hide and seek
with my friend
the sun

filtered
by clouds
cooled down
by whispering winds
and floating waters
sheltering
under big trees
of protection

seeing him 
playing
with moving shadows
deep reflections
and the beautiful
game of contrast

and
above all
I am missing
the quiet
awakenings
of mighty skies
and the mirror
of frozen glamour
glistening
glimmering
and sparkling
in the waters
below my feet
when I was
passing by

astonished
by the sight
of early 
morninglight

and I am
as well
longing for
the wonder
in the sweet whispering
of the slowly 
diminishing universe
of coloured visibility
leasurely
sliding into
a silent
darkness
of quietness

***

but
in the end
my friend
the sun
I welcome you
every day

the way
you shine
can make
me smile
and make
my day

but I
rather
prefer
to wear
sunglasses

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten