Sow for yourself righteousness, reap the fruit of steadfast love; break up your fallow ground, for it is the time to seek the Lord, that He may come and rain salvation upon you (Hosea 10:12).

zondag 7 april 2013

Fed by faith



out for a walk
in the evening
on the path 
of life
I only first noticed
the bright light
of the day
when it hid behind
the sad sorrow
of a dark 
wandering cloud


walking round
different corners
of expectation
I kept looking
behind me
waiting for the light
to slowly 
disappear
in warm colours
and transparant reflections


but the sun
was too bright
for my half
closed eyes
too long
and blinded
my eyes



until
at the end
the colours
went cold
in blue and grey



and the wind
was blowing
tears 
in my eyes

and the cold
made me longing
for the warmth
of my home

and when the road
turned 
from yesterday
till tomorrow
the sun was gone
the colours 
that were long
looking frozen
did disappear
at last

nature 
was quiet
and the ducks
made no noise
swimming slowly 
to better places
wrinkling 
the waters
with transparant
evening light

the birds
in the trees
gazed at me
hidden and ready 
to fly away
should I come
too close

on went lights 
all around me
but they were
all empty
of compassion

I was 
almost
at home
when I saw
the lonely tree

it seems
it had been waiting
for me
to sing
the sad song
of the end
of all daylight


I didn't sing
though
but kept 
standing still 
for a while
expecting 
the whistling
of the leaves
would start
any moment

but even 
this tree
was eagerly waiting
for the spring
to come

so
the last picture
I took
was of a very
naked tree
in such 
a cold light

the light
of a promise
buried
in the hope
of darkness

growing unseen
a thousand 
new leaves

made ready
in patience
and fed
by faith

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten