Sow for yourself righteousness, reap the fruit of steadfast love; break up your fallow ground, for it is the time to seek the Lord, that He may come and rain salvation upon you (Hosea 10:12).

dinsdag 6 maart 2012

Shrinking ...

as a child
I was little
I knew nothing
and I could do nothing
on my own

I was only receiving
to be filled up
and grow up slowly
to see
to learn
to understand
to act
and to do
as much as possible

I was alive
and highly aware
of the things to be done
growing
more and more
in knowing
and understanding
each day

***

now
that I grew older
year after year
I am seeing more clearly
my own limitations
in knowing
doing
and growing


now
sometimes
I just can sit down
and gaze in wonder
I am strongly aware
of being alive

I can be silent
in the middle
of a lot of noise
and action

I know
a lot about things
that do not matter
any more
but I do not understand
the mystery
of life 
at all

there are a lot
more questions
than answers

I am floating
but not drowning
I am praying
but not striving
I am waiting
but not fighting
although
some days
are hard to bear

but this I know
for sure
I am openminded enough
to listen carefully 
to the whispering wind
I am able to drink
the warming sunlight
with a thirsty soul
I can patiently wait 
for the waters
flowing by
with a whispering promise
and 
I am certainly not 
afraid of the dark

sometimes
there is an experience
of happy satisfaction
in just existing

the more
I do not see
the more
I can believe

the bigger
the wonder
for things 
that can grow
out of nothing
the more
I am shrinking

when the light
of meaningful eternity
passes by
in moments
of precious time

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten