Sow for yourself righteousness, reap the fruit of steadfast love; break up your fallow ground, for it is the time to seek the Lord, that He may come and rain salvation upon you (Hosea 10:12).

maandag 12 maart 2012

I lost my soul

I lost 
my soul
in the desert of love

in a flash
of a dream
I realised
there was a hole
in my body

I went out seeking
crying to the sky
the clouds were weeping
the wind was cold
and the light
of mercy
ran out of time

so I digged
in the sand
till I found me
a handful of grief
and I formed it
slowly
unto a sad song
of remembrance

sang it out
loud and clearly
in the darkest night
on earth

the silence
was heavy

till the moon
gave a smile
and a bird
on my shoulder
whispered
love
in my ear

I prayed
till the morning
and I felt
the burden
of life
on my shoulders

in the colourful light
of the early morning
a man came by
on a horse
white as snow
calling out
with a darkbrown voice

anyone here
that can use 
some future
anyone here
with a hidden history
anyone here
with a heavy spirit
looking for love
on the mountain
of hope

so I thanked
the stranger
when he handed
me over
the seed of music
that burned
like fire

I swallowed it up
without hesitation
and the man 
whispered 
meaningful blessings
in an unknown language

and right
there and then
I felt inside
a mix of 
diminishing silence
and thousands of
wonderful words
of grace

and the desert
outside
looked
like a garden
of flickering flowers
and the light
of the day
brought
life in my body

the air
in my brains
felt warm and cosy
and heaven
was playing
like a child
with me

I jumped
in a pool
of deep conclusions
and finally met
with the fountain
of overwhelming eternity

and
lots of broken dreams
valleys of sorrow
oceans of resentment
cages of forgotten pain
disappeared
slowly
into the black hole
of the universe

till silence was light
and bearable

that is 
what happened
when the sun
kissed my soul
back to life

in order
to grow
from the inside 
out

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten