Sow for yourself righteousness, reap the fruit of steadfast love; break up your fallow ground, for it is the time to seek the Lord, that He may come and rain salvation upon you (Hosea 10:12).

zaterdag 1 oktober 2011

I love them all ...


I love the sparkling stars
high up above
in the darkest nights
thousands
and millions
and billions
the overwhelming milky ways
it makes me dizzle
and I feel very small indeed
in this uncomprehensive cosmos

I love the flowers
and the trees
the colors
and the smell
the growing
and the flourishing
the miracle of nature

I love the clouds in the sky
white and grey transforming forms
never at rest
the miracle of a drop of water
changing into snow
damp becoming rain
rain becoming rivers

I love the air that I breathe
on a cold morning
letting me feel alive
the sun in the sky
and the mystery of light
the earth beneath my feet
steady to walk on
from here to nowhere

I love my body 
toughness and souplesse
breathing and pumping
selfsupporting machine
and I love my brains
to know and to learn
and to ask questions
my tongue to speek
my eyes to see
my ears to hear

I love the fire
in the woods
energy and warmth
but what is the cause
of beginning
what is the reason
for the first spark
it makes me wonder
it starts a dream

I love my wife
love is a miracle
that makes you alive
and conscious
and warm
and I love my children
the biggest kick
was to see them come alive
the biggest emotion
to see the first smile
I am grateful for the love
that is coming in return

***

I love them all
but most of all
I love the Lord
who made it all

***

and that's why I am silent
see and hear
absorb all information
why I am curious
to know more

and that's why I sing
play music
why I whisper
shout and cry

and that's why I make pictures
as frozen moments
mix words
to stories and poems
and thougths to remember

and that's why I get feelings
seeing people
embrace love
it makes me moving
and I get moved

and that's why I long
and dream
and wonder
knowing this is all
but a beginning
of knowing

and that's why I wait
expect and believe
trust and surrender

because God is love 
and a mystery
God is a hidingplace
and an artist
God is the light of my fire
the air that I breath
the heartbeat in my body
the smile on my face

and I
am a star
in His cosmos

He sees me
loves me
and I know
He 
sometimes
smiles
back

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten